IMServ Milton Keynes – IMServ Europe Ltd lost these electricity meters which we purchased at a public auction.
Questions, queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMServ Meter Operator provides Metering Service & Meters Maintenance Services
IMServ Europe Ltd is a meter operator based in Milton Keynes providing metering services and meter maintenance services.
I purchase goods from public auctions for resale that may have emanated from parcel companies.
I called IMServ for more information but they wanted the goods back which put me in a difficult situation. As far as I am concerned, I acquired them legitimately from the auction.
I spoke to IMServ’s Resource Manager Nikki Schmidt who you can find on Linkedin
She believed that the parcel company had not take reasonable steps to trace the goods back to them given the fact that I had acquired the goods and contacted them.
I told her that I had spoken to Eric Murray who she works with on the phone in May 2017 before buying the electricity meters and also e-mailed email@example.com on August 14 but had no response. She wanted my assistance in recovering them back.
Nikki suggested that it probably would have been UK Mail that lost them. She said that she had been struggling to get in contact with UK Mail. I recommended someone to contact at UK Mail by the name of Russell Mannix who is Head of Loss & Risk. She said she would try to get in contact with him. I also posted a message to Russell Mannix via Linkedin
She continued to claim that these goods belonged to them and they needed to get them back. Explaining that when they remove meters from the wall, they don’t own them but have a liability under some regulations to return them to their rightful meter owners. If this is the case, they obviously failed because I have them.
Eventually, she heard back from Russell Mannix who had requested the original consignment numbers, dates sent, delivery address details which she was hoping I would be able to provide… She said that once she had this information and photos the matter could be resolved.
I was concerned that she asked me for this information as this was something she should have already. But Nikki said that, unfortunately, their techs weren’t great at keeping records and that one of the techs had since left.
I told her that there were documents inside including an IMServ delivery note but that made reference to TNT. Also, something else which appeared to be an internal UK Mail document that made reference to the items. I learned that RPS stands for Retained Property Store within UK Mail.
She said that although they now use TNT and not UK Mail anymore, that these meters would have come back through UK Mail. I had provided all the information I had to assist her in recovering the meters and waited in hope that UK Mail would contact me. They never did.
Instead, a week later Nikki contacts me to arrange for IMServ to come along and review the items which left me puzzled. She continued to explain that due to their contract with UK Mail they were unable to recover through them and needed to deal with me directly. Maybe, IMServ don’t own the meters as they claim and lost legal title to them.
This came across totally unprofessional especially as she was playing the messenger for their legal team headed by Ian Wallbank.
I’ve done all I can to help but why would I want to deal directly with a company that believe they own goods which I legitimately acquired to sell on.
If IMServ are to be believed, you are contractually screwed if UK Mail lose your goods, even if UK Mail did not take reasonable steps to trace them back to you under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act
IMServ have demonstrated that they are admittedly not very good at keeping records. Furthermore, their legal team are not very good at procuring services and protecting interests which are integral to the services they are contractually obliged to provide to their customers.
The story continues…
In the meantime, here is a fully itemised list of all the items including photos for them to review:
1. October 2012 Certified Z45/M12. Single Phase Watt Hour Meter. Property of: ScottishPower. L312J23185. Landis+Gyr. Type 5235A. 20-100A 50Hz. 1PH 2W 230V Cl 2 2012. 5235A022006-110912X2H. P/N: 238-97510-06
2. PRI Limited 0379651. Skyline -120. WAN. PRI29469. Part No.: PMR000-156. Mfd: 2010.
3. Siemens. 1000 imp/kWh. S2AM. Cl2. 230V 50Hz. 20-100A. EN 61036 (1996). Property of S + S. 2002. S2AM-100. F02C 53609. Certified S 09/02.
4. ABB A1700 Programmable Polyphase Meter. Made in UK. 0.04 varh / Imp. PB2CVVRCT-G 2002. SUPPLIED BY :- IMServ Meter Operator 02080128 invensys. Multi Utility Compatible. Certified T 10 02. Site:- Royal Surrey Hospital Guildford. MSID / MPAN:- 1900060413216. Serial No:- 02080128. Outstation No:- 002. Tariff:- E7-lmp. 1/2hr Data Y/N. CT Ratio:- 100/5. VT Ratio:- 11,000/110. Output Pulse Value:- MP71. kWh/kV Arh
5. EDMI ATLAS Mk10D. E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6 E7 E8 E9 E10 E11 E12. Reconnect. Display Select. Pulse 1. Pulse 2. CE M12 0120. UK/0120/SGS0009. 0,5-10(100)A. 10 imp/kWh. SN: 212433633. 1D11-1B-151-17-F11-200031-2. E12BG10083. 10D-031. Made in Singapore.
6. ELSTER A1700 PB3CABYCT-Z 2007. Property of :- Western Power Distribution K1440 K07D00450. Multi Utility Compatible. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199989672011. Cen Day Swansea Road, Exchange. 07824463420.
7. Entity PRI. AACOP5 800/5. PRI Premier Manufactured in UK. Serial No : P99A21674. Type No: P3TA23. Part No: P3TA23/11B43EN5. Property of: London Electricity plc. 3 phase 4 wire. 3 x 230/400V. 3 x 5-6 A. 50 Hz. Lithium Battery.
8. ABB A1700 Programmable Polyphase Meter. Made in UK. PB2CBBRCT-G 2002. Supplied by: IMServ Meter Operator 02080129 invensys.
9. save energy. PRI. EDF Energy. PRI Sprint XP Secure Serial No : P09A11370. Type No : S3DXP210. Part No : S3DXP210/05060004/AB. Property of : EDF Energy CFS. Lithium Battery. 2009. Entity.
10. Elster A1700 CTs 1000/5. Multi Utility Compatible. Made in UK. PB3CABYCT-Z 2007. K07FB00683. Property of: Siemens Energy Services. SMSL-3000009. Siemens Energy Services, C & I Meter Operations, Woodyard Lane, Off Lambourne Drive, Wollaton, Nottingham, NG8 1GB (LAB50). Registered Office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8FZ. For Information 0115 906 6589. www.siemens.com
11. Elster A1100 LB3AACBS-A 2014. Property of:- SSE Metering Ltd. K14C06551. CE M14 0120. FW 2-01166-M. IrDA Tx. kWh Cl. A EN 50470. 0120/SGS0054. 4kV. 010446000559. LK0043111S.
12. elster A1700 Multi Utility Compatible. Made in UK. PB3CABYCT-ZK 2012. K12TB00395. Property of:- Siemens Energy Services. SMSL-3000009. 006677000002
13. 1PHS 1RT SSC0393. May 2007 Certified Z35/M07. Single Phase Watt Hour Meter. Installed by: OnStream. A07X121954. Type 5235A. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199999695771. Venturin Farm, Narberth. Exchange. 5235A0707-140507
14. elster A1700. PB3CABYCT-ZK 2012. Property of:- Enterprise Metering K12M00275. 007610000039.
15. Elster Made in UK A1140. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199995580349. HSS Hire, 5 Lovver High St, Merthyr, Faulty Exchange. Metering System Operated by Meter Operator IMServ Helpline: 01908 257779. www.imserv.invensys.com. LK0056467
16. GEC Meters Pocket Stradcom Modem V21/ V.22
17. Liberty 3P P10W696694 Yr. 2010. Type: E3PD14-041/M. 3Ph, 4W, 50Hz, Cl 1.0. 3X230(400)V, 20-100A. 800 imp/kWh. entity PRI. e.on… dedicated Pay As You Go business team… 0845 302 4272.
18. Swalec. Type: YL11D. Landis & Gyr. 3 Phase 4 Wire. Watt-Hour Meter. 3×240. 3×100. 50Hz. 20 REVS per kWh. The Property of:- The South Wales Electrical Board. 1711638. Made in Gt. Britain.
19. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199998996978. First Floor, TSB Bank, Blue St, Carmarthen, Exchange.
20. ABB Made in UK. Type: E43B3B-H. 3PH 4W 50Hz. 30 rev/kWh. KG00J0… Property of Manweb plc.
21. EDMI Mk7C. CE M11 0120. UK/0120/SGS0001. 220-240V. 0.5-10(100)A. 50Hz. Class B. 3K7. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199999765257. Communal Supply, Croft Court, Pembrokeshire Upgrade to 3PH. G4S Installation/Removal Details. Old Meter: 2109427. New Meter: 011253386. G4S Utility Services Limited, Sutton Park House, 15 Carshalton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LD. EDMI LIMITED Energy Meter Calibration Date: 30.04.2012
22. Pocket GEM II V.22 C.22bis. Dataflex CE. Made under Licence from DATAFLEX.
23. ASL Holding LTD. www.aslholdings.co.uk. ASLH306TE. The Oaks, Spring Hill Office Park, Harborough Road, Pitsford, Northampton NN6 9AA 01604 883 880. 306000049560. 07545 366623.
24. GSM/GPRS with TCP/IP ASL Delta Plus Mobile II. Communicating by Design. ASL.
25. X 55 M 11 Mar 11. ACE1000 SM0. Itron. EDF Energy S11B007364. Store code 61902E. Made in UK. 2011. 20-100A. 230V 50Hz. Meter quality checked. Mtr No. EDF Energy. BBBB00503442
26. Polyphase Energy Meter. Western Power Distribution D0350 D05D07003. Ampy Automation Peterborough PE6 8SE England. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199999638009. Unit 56-57 Honeyborough Ind Est, Neyland, Milford Haven, Exchange. 5219A05601-220605.
27. APR8 540135020013827001. Mark Twaits. 25 Aintree Crescent. Southport. Merseyside. PR8 5NY. SWAP OUT – Do not deliver if nothing to collect. Meter Operator EUROPE LTD (PACKAGE AC). Cons Number: 40135020013827. Weight 20. Parcel: 001. Telephone: 07917374646. Cust Ref: Twaits. 17/0/2016. NEXT DAY 65 PRESTON S040147/DE74 2HP
28. Actaris MC310H-R1-Z cl. 2. 3×230/400V. 20(100)A. No. 49018836. 2004. Property of Scottish and Southern Energy. S04R 36281. Certified G 07 2004.
29. AMPY Polyphase Energy Meter. Property of: South Wales Electricity PLC. 2768716. Type 5165F. 2-120A 50Hz. 230 / 400V. Cl2 2000. Made in UK. Reporter. Ampy Automation. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199998996987. TSB Blue Street Carmarthen Exchange.
30. X 55 M05. Feb 05. ACE1000 SM0 Actaris. Property of Manweb plc. SW05J01329. Made in UK. 2005. 20-100A. 230V 50Hz. EN 61036: 1996. SW05J01329.
31. Elster EN62053-21 : 2003. A100C. Property of :- MANWEB plc. N406J29573. SJ1LACB-A 230V 50Hz. 20-100A. kWh Cl. 2.0 2006. Pseudo MJ1796.
32. Type CL 27.1 Landis & Gyr. 1 Phase 2 Wire A.C. Wh Meter Class 2.0 The Property of:- The Merseyside & North Wales Electricity Board. L71J07846. Made in GT. BRITAIN. Pseudo *MH4026*
33. 240V. 20-80A. 50 Hz. S 200.31. A.C. WATTHOUR METER. 1PH 2W. CLASS 2.0. FLOTON. Magnetic Bearing. This meter is the property of Southern Electricity Board. Sangamo Weston Ltd. Enfield. Middx. Eng. S71C 11082.
34. entity PRI Sprint SEMS. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199994799893. Church of Jesus, Woodland Terrace, Pontypridd, Exchange. 1 RATE.
35. Radio Telemeter Series K. 1Ph 2W 50Hz 230V CL.2. BS EN61036. Made in England. Property of. Scottish and Southern Energy plc. H08C 11823. Type. K122F03. 20-100A. IC(D)100A. IC(C)25A. 2008. Horstmann. Single Element Radio Telemeter H08C 11823. Scottish and Southern Energy plc. Group Code 19. 341059. Q4. Night/Evening&Weekend
36. elster CE EN 62053-21 : 2003. A100C. Property of: Scottish Power. SJ1LACB-C. 230V 50Hz. 20-100A. kWh Cl. 2.0 2007. 4607P41826. LB0041121. 70501202.
37. 240V. 40A Max. 50 c/s. Sangamo Weston Ltd. Enfield. Middx. Eng. S 200.16 WATTHOUR METER. 250 revs/kWh. 1PH 2W. FLOTON Magnetic Bearing. S66J 00594. Property of the Merseyside and North Wales Electricity Board.
38. ISKRA Made in Slovenia. AC – 3 Ph 4 Wire. Type MT300-D2A51-F. No. 29 405 126. 3×230/400 V. 40(100) A. 50Hz. Property of S+S V02C12394. 27.734.314 BP
39. elster A100C. Property of: Scottish Power. 4607P27910. SJ1LACB-C. LB0041121. 70501202.
40. Type C11B2A-H. 20-80 A. 240V 50Hz. 1PH 2W. GEC Meters. Made in UK. BS5685. K94C44879.
41. entity PRI. PRI Premier Secure Serial No : P07C 04826. Type No : P3TA23. Property of: SSE. Lithium Battery. 2007. M1 100/5. Ratio: 300/5/ 230 Volts. Tariff: M1. IMP Value: 0.5. Register Value: As Display.
42. Landis + Gyr Dialog. Certified 05/03. WATT-HOUR METER. ZMD120ASdr53. No. 77 122 932. 50 Hz. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2199990460100. St. Mary RC Primary School, Exchange.
43. English Electric. Type C31B/M. Volts 240. AMPS 40MAX. K69J 10878. R/kWh 300. Property fo The Merseyside & North Wales Electricity Board. Made in Great Britain by The English Electric Co. Ltd London
44. PRI Premier Secure Serial No : P09A22466. Type No : P3TA23. Part No : P3TA23/11B43EN5/M. Property of: EDF Energy CFS. Lithium Battery. 2009. entity. IMServ Meter Operator MPAN 2000054530089 Unit L917-20 St Davids Centre Cardiff Exchange.
45. elster A1700 Multi Utility Compatible. Made in UK. PB3CABYCT-ZG 2011. K11TB00018. Property of: Siemens Energy Services. SMSL-3000009. 004539000057.